Monday, June 6, 2011

Sempai Riane Goddard Instructs at CCHS Karate 2011

Osu!

I am excited to say that yet again this year, Sempai Goddard took time out of her busy schedule to teach at CCHS. We are very lucky to have Sempai assist in class at CCHS, she brings a great attitude to everything she does! It's also nice to bring in an assitant instructor who is a female blackbelt. Sempai Riane was promoted to shodan (first degree black belt) a few years ago and has represented Methuen Karate very well.


Since about half of our club is female, I want it to be very evident that anyone can achieve the rank of shodan. I hope that within the next two or three years, at least one of my students will be promoted to shodan through Hanshi Giordano's black belt review/test held annually at the MKA dojo.


I am very proud of all of my students for their hard work and dedication to the art. Recently, freshman Greg Walsh tested for his Hachi-kyu or blue belt and was successful in his test. I am pleased with the movitvation that he shows in and out of class. He offers something that not all of my students have and that is experience in the martial arts. He had attained his brown belt in another style of karate and is now hoping to possibly attain black belt in Kyokushin Karate over the next few years. I'm sure that he will be able to accomplish this goal if he continues working as hard as he has in the past.

Lastly, a special thanks goes out to Sensei John Goddard who was also on hand during Sempai Riane's class. he is always very helpful in promoting our club and offering his knowledge of Jiu Jitsu on a regular basis. As always, we are very grateful to all of the MKA black belts who come in as special guest instructors at CCHS. They all offer something special that in the end, will make each one of my students better martial artists.

Osu!

Sensei

No comments: