Thursday, March 17, 2011

True Fighting Spirit - Sensei Chris Augeri of the Tiger Karate Dojo

Osu!

Yet again, we at the CCHS Karate Club are incredibly fortunate to have had an outstanding Kyokushin Karate instructor share time and knowledge with us. Sensei Chris Augeri of the Tiger Karate Dojo and the Methuen Karate Association brought an action packed karate lesson to CCHS on Tuesday, March 15th. Sensei Chris is well known as an incredible technician and brings a tremendous passion to his training and teaching.



Sensei Augeri was one of my primary instructors when I was growing up and I can't even begin to describe the amount of valuable lessons I have learned from him over the past years. He brought a number of long range vs. short range fighting techniques, spoke of breathing and controlling one's body while fighting, and of course the budo spirit of karate! Finally, at the end of class, it was my pleasure to promote a few of my students to Hachi Kyu (blue belt). I wanted Sensei to be there during this promotion, because in a way, my students development are a product of my instructors lessons to me. Obviously, Hanshi Giordano has affected me in the biggest way, but Sensei Chris Augeri as well as Sensei Kevin Bihl who visited CCHS a few weeks ago hold a special place in my past. (Below is a picture of Sensei Augeri and I during our Winter Beach Training in Hull, Ma)



Two of the students who were promoted are Neal Drapeau and Victoria Lambert. Each of these students have worked extremely hard to improve their skills and tested very well in terms of their spirit, focus, and determination. Neal has a background in Uechi Ryu karate which is very similar to Kyokushin which helps with his understanding of Budo. While Victoria did not have experience prior to Kyokushin. No prior experience didn't matter when it came to how much effort Victoria put in to make this promotion a reality. Congratulations!







Next week we will have a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class with Sensei John Goddard of the Methuen Jiu Jitsu Club and MKA!

Osu!

Sensei

No comments: